Semalt Shares "Google My Business" Essentials Every SEO Champion Must Know
Many companies have physical offices and e-commerce sites. Encouraging customers to purchase through the physical store is important in improving sales revenues. Also, using the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) process to enhance customer traffic increases the sales values. Google has introduced a feature-filled app that improves the management of the business location information. The app can be accessed using a simple Google search process.
Frank Abagnale, the Customer Success Manager of Semalt Digital Services, provides the description of the app for you to take full advantage of its features.
Features of the Google My Business App:
- The user is able to manage several business locations using one dashboard.
- The business owner can change the name, address, and operating hours of the business.
- The user can analyze and reply to customer reviews through the app.
- Updating photos and posts is made easy through the Google+ platform.
- The high-level analytics feature improves online visibility and customer engagement.
The redesigned Google My Business app has extra features that are attractive to the business owner. These additional capabilities include:
- Monitor how the business is portrayed in Google+, Google Maps, and Google search.
- Examine the performance analytics generated by Google+.
- Access detailed feedback through customer reviews and location information.
- Manage locations at any time.
- Indicate location and postal address zones for businesses that have restricted operations.
The Android app is available on Google Play. Also, the iOS app can be downloaded from the Apple's App Store. It is free to download or upgrade the Google My Business app. The new Google My Business app combines with the SEO keywords, the YouTube app, and the Google Analytics app, to integrate the data or information needed to identify the new location information.
Understanding Google My Business
The Google My Business Overview section indicates the important features of the app. The Google My Business help page provides useful information about using the app. There are no costs involved when using the app. It only requires the time and the data update effort of the user. The business owner with several locations should prioritize the top locations based on monetary value or strategic benefits. The locations can be uploaded individually or in bulk using a spreadsheet if they are more than 10. The business owner should develop a Business Account if the locations are managed by several individuals.
Optimizing Local Search
The local search involves the SEO process. It is more detailed than the basic Google, Bing, and Yahoo online searches. Local search generates results using the mapping systems; for example, Google Maps, Apple Maps, Foursquare, Yellow Pages, and Trip Advisor. The SEO improves business visibility and online customer traffic. It involves distributing important data to hundreds of online sites. Improving the local search process requires an advanced software platform like Google My Business. It is the main online search engine globally. The top map platform of the app is critical in improving the local search for the business locations.
The Google My Business app is useful in improving the online visibility of a business. The customer traffic will always be high on business sites that have a huge online presence. The main objective of any business owner is to generate high sales values from the customers who visit the online sites.